Free ground shipping on all orders over $75
The Omnipod® System provides all the benefits of insulin pump therapy while providing more flexibility and freedom than other traditional tubed pumps.
Customizable insulin delivery settings to give you what you need, when you need it.
Insulin pumps work by continuously delivering insulin at set and variable rates, mimicking the insulin release of a healthy pancreas. The Omnipod® System delivers insulin in two ways:
- Basal rate: A small, constant supply of insulin is delivered automatically at a personalized, preset rate around the clock.
- Bolus: Additional doses of insulin can be delivered when you need them, either around mealtime or to correct high blood glucose.
The Pod can be worn out of sight, under your clothing, and can be applied to your body almost anyplace where you could receive an injection. But you can forget needles and pens because the Pod lets you skip the distress and inconvenience of 4 to 5 injections per day. Instead, every three days, you apply a Pod featuring an insulin-providing canula that inserts automatically in 1/200th of a second with the press of a button on your PDM.
The Omnipod® System has changed the lives of individuals with diabetes across the globe, and we’re not stopping there. We continue to harness medical, scientific, and technological advances to reduce the burden of diabetes management for everyone with insulin-requiring diabetes.
The Personal Diabetes Manager
The handheld Personal Diabetes Manager wirelessly3 manages your insulin delivery based on your settings that you program.
Its extensive food library with carbohydrate counts, suggested bolus calculator, built-in FreeStyle blood glucose (BG) meter, and intuitive prompts like “Are you going to eat now?” simplify insulin delivery.
The Personal Diabetes Manager has a built-in FreeStyle blood glucose (BG) meter.
You can use the built-in FreeStyle blood glucose meter to check your blood glucose levels as often as needed.
The information from your Personal Diabetes Manager can be uploaded directly to Insulet Provided Glooko, our comprehensive data management software.
Insulet Provided Glooko automatically allows Omnipod® users to upload pump, BG meter, continuous glucose monitor (CGM), and fitness data and makes the data easily accessible from anywhere.
- The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The Personal Diabetes Manager is not waterproof.
- Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery
- At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 5 feet of the Pod.
FreeStyle and related brand marks are trademarks of Abbott Diabetes Care Inc. in various jurisdictions and used with permission.
Category: Insulin Pump Supplies